The magnitude of IT project management often means that it’s more than just applying knowledge, aligning skills, and using regular tools and techniques to drive a project to completion. IT project managers deal with the challenges of interdependent integrations, rapid technology upgrades, and version changes that can occur throughout the project timeline.
Additional responsibilities of the IT project manager include the following:
- Project planning and overall management
- Promoting and achieving project support
- Ensuring overall capability with existing technology
- Minimizing duplicate work
- Utilizing team member skills
- Controlling costs and maintaining budgets